Since April, many people in and around your circle of friends have birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions. But being in quarantine does not mean that you cannot celebrate your special occasion. The situation is going to be the same for some time and is certainly not stopping you from celebrating different occasions. The brothers and sisters wait for such an opportunity throughout the year and that is Raksha Bandhan. Make it memorable by staying home this year. So, what are we going to do during this unfortunate situation? What should all brothers and sisters do? Here are some ways by which you can celebrate the auspicious occasion of Raksha Bandhan despite being in lockdown.
- Celebrate over a video call – If you and your siblings live far away from each other you can celebrate this festival on a video call where you can perform all the rakhi rituals. In this crisis of lockdown, this is the best way to celebrate a festival.
- Party at home- If you and your siblings live together then you can party at your home by making dishes at your home only. Home-cooked food is always the best so you can make food which everyone loves to eat. You can make homemade sweets and eat them during performing the rakhi rituals.
- Play indoor games- You can also play indoor games and spend quality times together. You can play cards, ludo etc. This will make the festival memorable and fun as everyone will remember their childhood by playing these games. It would be very fun.
- Exchange Gift- Despite many stores closing, online retail is open for business. Use your indoor time by browsing for the perfect gift and choosing something unique and special. This effort will be highly appreciated by your loved ones. For example, you can order online for Rakhi gifts and send same day rakhi delivery in Bangalore or Mumbai or Pune or any XYZ place your brother or sister resides. There are a plethora of options available online, no matter what your preference is – silver rakhi, diamond rakhi, divine rakhi and many more. You will find it all on any reputed online portal.
- Send E-Cards- No matter what age you are, everyone likes to get cards. If you are not able to deliver the card to someone or even send it the old fashioned way, you can use an application like WhatsApp or Instagram. No matter where you are, despite the miles your wishes will make them smile.
- Send Rakha Bandhan Messages- Who doesn’t like to get wished on a festival by their loving sisters and brothers? Shower them with lovely Raksha Bandhan Messages, Quotes and Pictures. Here are some amazing Rakhi texts. For Example- ‘May all your dreams come true! God bless you with an abundance of success and good health! My best wishes to you my dear brother Raksha Bandhan’.
- Virtual Shopping- There are some applications that let you shop with someone else who is far away from you. You can connect with your siblings through this application. Go on a virtual shopping trip with your siblings and buy some amazing Rakhi gifts for others online. You can also offer some shopping sites e-gift cards to your siblings.
So, these were the ways in which you can celebrate the festival of Raksha Bandhan with your siblings. Make sure that you and your siblings stay home to be safe and follow the guidelines by the government. No matter if you can not meet your siblings, your hearts are always connected. Happy Celebrations! Happy Raksha Bandhan!